Why is My Fios Router Yellow? Actually, a Fios router may turn yellow due to a connection issue or outdated firmware. This could result in a slow internet connection or difficulties connecting to the network.
A FiOS router is a device that connects to a wired or wireless internet network. It is a vital part of the network and is responsible for transmitting data between devices. However, sometimes the router’s LED lights may turn yellow, and this indicates an error.
This error could be due to a range of issues, including connectivity or outdated firmware. When the router is yellow, it means that you are not getting the maximum internet speed, and it may cause trouble connecting to the network. Therefore, it’s essential to troubleshoot the problem to avoid any inconvenience.
Understanding The Possible Reasons For A Yellow Light On Your Fios Router
Possible Reasons For A Yellow Light On Your Fios Router
If you are someone who spends most of their time on the internet, you may have faced issues with your Fios router. One of the most common issues that Fios router users face is the yellow light on the router.
This indicates that the router is not functioning properly, and it can cause connectivity issues. In this section, we will explore the possible reasons for a yellow light on your Fios router.
Reasons For A Yellow Light On Your Fios Router
Here are some of the most common reasons you might see a yellow light on your fios router:
- DNS issue: If there is an issue with the DNS settings on your Fios router, you might see a yellow light. This can be fixed by changing the DNS address on your router.
- Poor connection: Your Fios router could be experiencing connectivity issues with the network. This could be due to a weak signal or interference from other devices in the area. A yellow light could indicate that your router is having trouble connecting to the network.
- Software update: If your Fios router is in the process of updating its software, you might see a yellow light. This is a good sign because it shows that your router is doing what it’s supposed to do.
- Hardware damage: If there is any physical damage to your Fios router, a yellow light could indicate that something is wrong. In this case, you might need to get your router repaired or replaced.
- Power cycling: Sometimes, a yellow light on your Fios router could mean that it needs to be power-cycled. This is a quick fix that involves unplugging your router, waiting a few seconds, and plugging it back in again.
How To Fix A Yellow Light On Your Fios Router
Now that you know some of the possible reasons for a yellow light on your fios router, you might be wondering how to fix it. Here are some steps you can take:
- Restart your router: This is the easiest and quickest way to fix a yellow light on your Fios router. Simply unplug your router, wait a few seconds, and plug it back in again. This will restart your router and hopefully fix the issue.
- Check your connections: Make sure all cables are connected properly and securely. Sometimes, a yellow light could indicate that there is a loose connection.
- Update your firmware: If the issue is related to software, updating your firmware can help. Check your router’s manual for instructions on how to do this.
- Contact your ISP: If none of the above methods work, your internet service provider (ISP) may be able to help. Contact their customer support and explain the issue.
A yellow light on your Fios router could indicate a variety of issues, ranging from software updates to hardware damage. By understanding the reasons and solutions for a yellow light, you can troubleshoot your router and get back to enjoying your internet connection.
1. Power Issue
Why Is My Fios Router Yellow: Power Issue
If you’ve noticed that your Fios router has a yellow light, it may indicate a power issue. Here’s what might be causing the problem:
- Power source: Check to see if your router is securely connected to an outlet and that the outlet is functioning correctly.
- Power cord: If your router is properly plugged in and still has a yellow light, it could be a faulty power cord. Try replacing the power cord and see if that resolves the issue.
- Damaged router: If neither of the above solutions resolves your yellow light issue, then your router could be damaged and require repair or replacement.
Remember that the Fios router is a powerful device that requires a strong and stable power source. A yellow light is an indication that it’s not receiving adequate power, so make sure to check these basics before pursuing any other fixes.
Other Possible Reasons For A Yellow Light Indicator
While a power issue is the most common cause of a yellow light indicator, there may be other potential reasons why your Fios router is behaving this way. Here are a few:
- Overheating: Your router may be overheating, especially if it’s been running for an extended period. Check to see if the router is hot to the touch and ensure proper airflow around the router.
- Disconnected cables: Check that all cables are properly connected and that the ethernet cable between your router and modem is securely in place.
- Security status alert: If your Fios router has a red band around it, this signals that your security status is at risk.
In closing, the yellow light on your Fios router is a common issue, and it’s typically because of a power issue. However, it’s always a good idea to check other potential causes to ensure that you’re not overlooking anything more serious.
By following this guide, you should be able to resolve the problem and get your internet connection running smoothly once more.
2. Internet Connectivity Issue
Yellow Light On Fios Router – Internet Connectivity Issue
If you’ve noticed that your Fios router has a yellow light, it usually indicates an internet connectivity issue. While there can be many reasons why your internet connection is unstable, some of the most common causes include:
- Firmware is responsible for controlling hardware in network devices like routers, and outdated firmware can often be the reason for a yellow light on your Fios router. You can check if your router’s firmware is up to date by accessing the router’s settings page.
- Updating the firmware is essential to ensure your router works efficiently. You can update your firmware by downloading the current firmware software from the manufacturer’s website and following the instructions.
- Technical issues like power surges, network congestion, and signal interference can also cause internet connectivity issues on your router.
- If you suspect technical glitches causing your internet connectivity issues, try restarting your router. Restarting the router can sometimes help clear away any software or connection issues.
- DNS settings like wrong configuration settings or a problematic DNS server can also cause internet connectivity issues on your router. Ensure that your modem has the correct DNS settings, and they match the settings provided by your ISP.
- Firewalls can sometimes cause connectivity problems, especially between different devices. The firewall application could be blocking the connection without your knowledge. You can disable the firewall to see if the yellow light disappears.
- Lastly, a yellow light may appear on your Fios router if there’s a breakage in any of the internal hardware components.
The internal components of the router determine how the device functions. Damaged components, like the ethernet cables, the wan port, or the lan ports, are typically responsible for connection failures.
- If none of the above methods work, you should consider consulting a technician to check the router for any hardware malfunctions.
The yellow light on Fios routers typically points to an internet connectivity issue. Firmware updates, technical glitches, DNS settings errors, firewall blocking, or damaged hardware components may cause your router to have a yellow light. It’s vital to try out the methods mentioned above before seeking professional assistance to resolve any internet connectivity issues you’re experiencing.
3. Configuration Issue
If your Fios router appears yellow, the problem might be caused by a configuration issue. Here are some of the common issues related to configuration and how to solve them.
- Dhcp issues: Dhcp is a protocol used by routers to automatically assign IP addresses to devices on a network. When DHCP doesn’t work correctly, your Fios router might turn yellow. To fix the issue, try power cycling your router by unplugging it from the power source, waiting for a few minutes, and then plugging it back in. Additionally, you can try resetting your DHCP settings by logging into your router’s interface and disabling and re-enabling DHCP.
- Firewall issues: A firewall is responsible for filtering traffic between your network and the internet. If the firewall on your Fios router is overly restrictive, it can prevent your devices from accessing the internet, causing the router’s yellow light. To solve this, try disabling your firewall settings for a few moments or lowering the firewall’s sensitivity level in your router’s configuration interface.
- Port forwarding issues: Port forwarding is the process of forwarding incoming data packets from one port to another. If you have set up port forwarding on your FiOS router, it’s possible that the yellow light is caused by the incorrect configuration of this feature. Check your port forwarding settings to ensure that they are set up correctly. If necessary, reset your port forwarding settings to their default values.
By following these troubleshooting steps, you should be able to identify and fix the configuration issue that is causing your Fios router to show the yellow light. Remember to contact your service provider if the issue persists or if you have any questions.
4. Firmware Update
Why Is My Fios Router Yellow – Firmware Update
If you’re wondering why your Fios router is yellow, firmware updates could be the reason. Firmware is the operating system that controls your router’s performance, and regular updates can ensure that your router runs smoothly and efficiently. Here’s what you need to know about firmware updates:
- Firmware updates are released periodically to fix bugs, improve performance, and enhance features.
- Updating your router’s firmware can also improve security by patching vulnerabilities that could be exploited by hackers.
- You can check if your router needs a firmware update by logging in to your router’s web interface and checking for any available updates.
- To update your router’s firmware, you will need to follow the instructions provided by your router’s manufacturer. Generally, this involves downloading the firmware update and installing it through your router’s web interface.
Regular firmware updates can keep your Fios router running smoothly, help protect your network from security threats, and ensure that you have access to the latest features and enhancements. Don’t neglect this important maintenance task, and always ensure that you are running the latest firmware version available.
1. Power Cycle Your Router
Power Cycle Your Router
Is your Fios router yellow? One of the simplest solutions to fix any technical issue with the router is to power cycle it. This process involves unplugging the router from the power source, waiting for some time, and then reconnecting it.
Here are the key points to remember:
- Turn off the router by unplugging it from the power source.
- Wait for at least 30 seconds.
- Plug the router back into the power source and turn it on.
- Allow the router to connect to the network.
By power cycling your Fios router, you can fix many router problems, including a yellow LED light on your router. Often, this simple technique is successful in resolving networking issues.
2. Check Internet Connectivity
Why Is My Fios Router Yellow?
The color of your Fios router plays an important role in determining whether it’s functioning correctly. Seeing a yellow light on your Fios router can mean several things. To diagnose the issue, you need to check for internet connectivity.
To check for internet connectivity, follow these steps:
- Check if the ethernet cable is securely plugged into the router and computer.
- Look to see if the internet light on your router is off or on and yellow.
- Unclog congested devices that may be generating traffic on the network. You can do this by restarting your computer, laptop, or any other device connected to the router.
- Check to see if there are any outages in your area. You can do this by calling your internet service provider or checking their website.
If these actions do not solve the issue, there may be an underlying problem with your router that needs further attention.
Keep in mind that a yellow light on the Fios router can also indicate an update or firmware upgrade, which is typical behavior. If this is the case, you should not be alarmed; after the update, the yellow light will likely turn white or green.
Remember to troubleshoot the issue before reaching out to your internet service provider. By following the steps mentioned above, you may save time and resources that may have been used to solve a simple problem.
The yellow light on your Fios router can mean several things, but checking for internet connectivity should be your first step. Ensure that you follow the troubleshooting steps before contacting your internet service provider.
3. Reset The Router
Reset The Router
Resetting the router is a crucial step in troubleshooting a yellow Fios router. A reset can help to clear up any issues that may be causing your router to display a yellow light. Here are some ways to reset your router:
- Hard reset: Unplug the router and leave it unplugged for at least 30 seconds. Then plug it back in and wait for it to reboot. This method can help to reset the router to its factory settings.
- Soft reset: Use the reset button on the router, usually located on the back or bottom of the device. Hold the button down for at least 10 seconds until the router reboots. This method can help to reset any settings on the router that may be causing issues.
- Remote reset: Use the My Fios app or website to remotely reset your router. This method can save time and effort as it doesn’t require physical access to the router.
After resetting your router, give it some time to reboot and reconnect. Check if the yellow light has disappeared. If not, try the other troubleshooting steps. Resetting is often the first and easiest step toward fixing your Fios router’s yellow light.
4. Factory Reset Your Router
Factory Reset Your Router
If none of the previous methods work and you’re still seeing the yellow light on your Fios router, it’s time to reset it. Here’s how to do it:
- Locate the reset button on your Fios router. It’s usually on the back or side of the device.
- Press and hold the reset button for at least 10 seconds using a thin object such as a paperclip or pen.
- Release the button and wait for the router to restart. This process can take up to five minutes.
- Once the router has restarted, all its settings will return to their default values. You’ll need to set up your router again, including the Wi-Fi network name and password.
Keep in mind that resetting your Fios router will erase all your previous settings, so you should only do it as a last resort. However, if you’re still seeing the yellow light after trying all other troubleshooting options, a factory reset may be your best chance to fix the problem.
Finally, We hope that this blog post has helped you understand why your Fios router might be showing a yellow light. As we’ve discussed, there are several potential causes for this issue, but the most common one is a connection problem with your Verizon network.
If you’ve tried all the troubleshooting steps we’ve outlined in this post and you’re still experiencing issues with your Fios router, don’t hesitate to contact Verizon customer support for further assistance. They can help you diagnose and fix the issue, ensuring that you can get back to enjoying fast, reliable internet access as soon as possible.
5. Contact Customer Support
Contact Customer Support
If your Fios router is displaying a yellow light, it can be a reason for concern. However, there is no need to worry as there are a few reasons why this could be happening. The first step you can take is to contact customer support.
Here are a few things you should keep in mind while contacting customer support:
- Verizon customer support is available 24/7 via phone, chat, or social media. You can choose the option that is convenient for you.
- Before contacting customer support, make sure that the router is properly connected to the power source and the ont (optical network terminal).
- Prepare to provide your router’s model number and serial number to the customer support representative.
- Explain to the representative that your Fios router is displaying a yellow light and ask for their assistance in troubleshooting the issue.
Once you have contacted customer support, the representative will guide you through some troubleshooting steps. They may also suggest some advanced troubleshooting, which could require technical expertise. If there is an issue with the router, the representative will offer to schedule a replacement or a repair.
Regardless of the problem, it’s essential to stay calm and follow the instructions provided by the customer service representative.
Remember, contacting customer support is the first step toward resolving any issues with your FiOS router. Stay patient, follow their instructions, and you’ll get your router back to a healthy green light in no time!
6. Replace The Router
If you’re experiencing a yellow light on your Fios router and it seems like none of the troubleshooting steps have worked, it may be time to replace your router. Here are the key points to consider when replacing your Fios router:
- Ensure that the new router is compatible with Fios services. You can check with your internet service provider or purchase a router directly from Verizon.
- Before replacing your old router, make note of your ssid and password. These details will need to be entered into the new router during the setup process.
- Unplug the old router from the power source and disconnect any ethernet cables. Connect these cables to the new router as per the instructions provided.
- After connecting the new router, wait for a few minutes for the device to fully boot up. You should see a solid white light on the router indicating that it’s connected to the internet.
- Re-enter your SSID and password to connect your devices to the new router. The yellow light issue should now be resolved.
Replacing your Fios router can seem daunting, but with these easy steps, you can have a new router up and running in no time. Remember to purchase a router that is compatible with Fios and make a note of your SSID and password before starting the process.
7. Regular Maintenance And Router Cleaning
Why Is My Fios Router Yellow: Regular Maintenance And Router Cleaning
The color of your Fios router provides essential information about its status. Yellow means there’s an issue that needs attention, which can be related to the device’s firmware or hardware. However, before panicking and contacting tech support, there are some essential regular maintenance steps that you can take.
Performing regular checks on your Fios router can enhance its lifespan and improve its performance. Here are some of the things that you should consider:
- Upgrade the firmware to the latest version: Whenever a new firmware update is available, consider downloading and installing it to enhance security, performance, and stability.
- Check for overheating: Ensure that your Fios router is not overheating because it can lead to malfunctions and reduced lifespan. Keep it in a well-ventilated area, and avoid stacking other items around it.
- Restart regularly: Restarting your router regularly clears its RAM and addresses any software issues. Consider turning off your router at least once per week and turning it back on again.
- Check the fiber optic cables: Inspect the fiber-optic cable connections between the router and the wall jack. Ensure that the cables are well-connected and free from any obstacles that can interfere with the signal.
Over time, dust and other debris can accumulate on the Fios router, leading to reduced performance, overheating, and even hardware failure. Therefore, it’s essential to clean the router regularly to keep it functioning optimally. Here’s how:
- Power off the router and disconnect it from the wall jack.
- Use a dry cloth to wipe the exterior of the router to remove any dust and debris.
- If there’s stubborn dirt, use a slightly damp cloth to wipe gently.
- For the router’s interior, use canned air to blow away any dust and debris accumulated inside the vent holes.
- Turn the router over and inspect it for any damages such as cracks or loose connections.
Regularly performing maintenance and cleaning on your fios router can prevent yellow flashing and improve its lifespan and performance. It’s essential to follow these guidelines to maintain a healthy and efficient router.
8. Scheduled Firmware Updates
Scheduled Firmware Updates
Your Fios router may turn yellow when it’s having regular scheduled firmware updates. These updates are crucial for your router’s health and overall performance. Firmware updates generally happen automatically, without needing your intervention. During this process, your router’s settings may also undergo changes.
Here are some important things you should know about firmware updates:
- Firmware updates often happen in the background, without you noticing it.
- These updates bring new features, bug fixes, and security enhancements to your router.
- It’s crucial to not unplug your router or switch it off during firmware updates to avoid causing any damage or interruptions.
Other Possible Reasons For Your Yellow Fios Router
Apart from scheduled firmware updates, there are several other reasons why your router might turn yellow. Here are some of the other plausible explanations:
- Slow connection speed
- Disconnected ethernet cables or loose connections
- Firewall settings blocking incoming or outgoing traffic
- Outdated router hardware
- Incorrect router configuration
It’s important to troubleshoot your router to rule out the above reasons for why your router might be yellow. This ensures a smooth internet experience for you and your family.
Remember, scheduled firmware updates are crucial for your router’s performance. They help your router maintain optimal speed, stability, and security. Stay patient and let the updates run their course!
9. Avoid Overloading The Router
Why Is My Fios Router Yellow?
If you’ve ever noticed that your Fios router’s light has turned yellow, you might be wondering why this happened and what it means. Don’t worry; this is completely normal, and there are several reasons why your router’s light has turned yellow.
In this post, we’ll look at some of the most common reasons and what you can do to prevent them from happening again.
One of the most common reasons for a yellow light on your Fios router is overloading, which can happen when you have too many devices connected, or you’re using too much bandwidth at once. When this happens, your Fios router will try to compensate for the increased demand by slowing down your internet connection, causing the light to turn yellow.
To avoid overloading your router, you can follow these tips:
- Reduce the number of devices connected to your router by disconnecting any devices you’re not using.
- Move your router to a more central location in your home to improve the signal strength.
- Use ethernet cables to connect devices that require higher bandwidth, such as gaming consoles or streaming devices, to your router directly.
- Limit the number of devices that are using high-bandwidth applications simultaneously.
- Upgrade your router to a newer model with better performance if you frequently experience bandwidth overload.
By following these tips, you can reduce the likelihood of overloading your router and prevent the light from turning yellow again.
A yellow light on your Fios router is a common occurrence that can happen for several reasons, including overloading. By following the tips outlined in this post, you can avoid overloading your router and keep your internet connection running smoothly.
Remember to periodically review the tips and adjust your internet usage habits to ensure optimal router performance and avoid any connectivity issues.
10. Recap Of The Causes Of A Yellow Light On Your Fios Router
What Does A Yellow Light On Your Fios Router Mean?
Have you ever noticed a yellow light on your Fios router and wondered what it means? A yellow light indicates that there’s something wrong with your router, and it needs attention. However, determining the exact reason for this issue can be tricky.
In this blog post, we’ll cover the causes of a yellow light on your Fios router.
A. Connection Issue
One of the most common reasons for a yellow light on your Fios router is a connection issue. An interruption or problem with the connection between your router and modem could cause this. Here are some things that could cause a connection issue:
- Loose or damaged cables
- Incorrect wiring
- Malfunctioning modem or router
B. Outdated Firmware
Another reason for a yellow light on your Fios router is outdated firmware. Firmware is a software program embedded in your router that controls its operations. If its firmware is outdated, it can cause problems with your device.
Here are some of the things you can do to update the firmware:
- Check for updates in the router’s settings
- Download the latest firmware update from the manufacturer’s website
- Reboot the device after the update
C. Configuration Issue
A configuration issue could also cause a yellow light on your Fios router. This occurs when the settings of your router are incorrect, or you’ve made an error in the configuration process. Rechecking your router’s settings is necessary to resolve a configuration issue.
Here are some steps to solve configuration issues:
- Reset the router to default factory settings
- Configure the router again from scratch
- Check if your router is compatible with Fios services
D. Hardware Malfunction
Hardware malfunction is another cause of a yellow light on your Fios router. It can occur due to many reasons, including electrical surges or manufacturing defects. When this happens, your router may function poorly, leading to a yellow light. In such cases, replacing the router’s faulty components would be necessary.
Here are some things you can try:
- Check your router’s warranty
- Contact the manufacturer’s support team
- Consider replacing your router if it’s too old or damaged
By now, you should have a better understanding of why you may see a yellow light on your fios router. If you encounter this issue, you can try these tips to troubleshoot and fix the problem. Remember to seek professional help if you’re unsure or hesitant.
11. Tips For Troubleshooting And Prevention
Why Is My Fios Router Yellow: Tips For Troubleshooting And Prevention
If your Fios router is yellow, it may indicate an issue that needs to be addressed. The good news is, there are a few troubleshooting tips you can follow to resolve the problem. Here are some tips and preventive measures to ensure your Fios router stays in top condition.
Check Your Power Source
One possible reason for a yellow Fios router light is a power source issue. Check whether the router is plugged in and receiving an adequate power supply.
If the router is not receiving power, try to plug it into a different outlet. You can also reset the outlet by unplugging the router and waiting a few seconds before plugging it back in.
Check The Ethernet Cable
A faulty ethernet cable can cause connection issues and result in a yellow light on your fios router. Check all ethernet cables connected to the router to ensure they are securely plugged in and free from any damage.
If the ethernet cable is damaged or frayed, replace it with a new one.
Check Your Internet Connection
Sometimes, the reason for a yellow light on a Fios router is simply due to a temporary disruption in your internet connection. Check your internet connection speed and test it by visiting a few different websites and applications.
If the issue is resolved with a power cycle, there may have been an issue with your internet service provider. If the issue persists, contact your internet provider for further assistance.
Check For Firmware Updates
Fios routers may require occasional firmware updates to ensure they are operating correctly. Check for any available firmware updates and download and install them if necessary. This step can help resolve issues and prevent them from occurring in the future.
Reset Your Fios Router
When everything else fails, resetting your Fios router can often help resolve connection issues. To reset your router, press and hold the reset button on the back of your router for a few seconds.
Remember, resetting your router will delete all of your customized settings, so be sure to back up your settings beforehand.
These tips should help you troubleshoot and prevent yellow light issues with your Fios router. By following these preventative steps, you can help ensure your router is operating correctly and prevent future issues from occurring.
12. When To Call Customer Support Or Replace Your Router.
Understanding The Yellow Color On Your Fios Router
Are you worried about the yellow light on your Verizon Fios router? As a Fios user, it is important to know the meanings of the different colors displayed by your router. It is normal for the light on your router to turn yellow at different times, indicating various issues.
Read on to understand why your Fios router may have a yellow light.
When To Call Customer Support
If you notice a yellow light on your Verizon Fios router, you should not panic immediately. If you follow the troubleshooting directions, you may solve the issue without calling customer support. However, if the yellow light continues to appear even after following the instructions, you may need to call customer support.
You should also contact support if:
- Your Fios service is not working, and the troubleshooting directions aren’t helpful.
- The yellow light is blinking or is a different shade of yellow than when it usually appears.
- The yellow light and other indicators on your Fios router continuously blink.
Before calling support, write down the error messages you see. Doing this will help the Fios customer support team to quickly identify and resolve the issue.
When To Replace Your Router
If the troubleshooting and customer support team fails to fix the issue, you may need to consider getting a new Fios router. You should also replace your router if:
- The yellow light stays on for a long time without turning green.
- The router is older, and you need higher internet speeds or a more advanced router.
- You want to upgrade your Verizon Fios tv plan, and you need a compatible router.
Verizon offers various router options, which include purchase and rental options. Ensure to choose a router that matches your Fios package and internet speed requirements. We hope this article helps you understand why your Fios router has a yellow light and what to do when this happens.
Frequently Asked Questions For Why Is My Fios Router Yellow
What Does The Yellow Light On My Fios Router Mean?
The yellow light on your Fios router indicates a connection issue or a firmware update.
Why Is My Fios Router Yellow After Resetting It?
You may need to wait for the router to complete the reboot process or contact customer support for assistance.
How Do I Fix A Yellow Light On My Fios Router?
Try resetting your router or checking for any loose cables. Contact customer support if the issue persists.
Will A Yellow Light Affect My Fios Internet Connection?
Yes, a yellow light may indicate an issue with your internet connection or a problem with the router’s firmware.
How Often Should I Update My Fios Router Firmware?
It’s recommended to update your router firmware at least once every few months to ensure optimal performance and security.
Can I Still Connect To Wi-Fi If The Fios Router Light Is Yellow?
You may still be able to connect to Wi-Fi, but your connection may be slower or less stable. Contact customer support for assistance.
What Should I Do If I Cannot Fix The Yellow Light On My Router?
Contact Fios customer support for assistance and troubleshooting steps.
Is A Yellow Light On My Router Dangerous?
A yellow light on your Fios router is not dangerous, but it can indicate a potential issue with your internet connection.
How Do I Prevent A Yellow Light On My Fios Router?
Regularly updating your router firmware and checking for loose cables can help prevent yellow lights and potential connection issues.
Can I Replace My Fios Router If It Keeps Showing A Yellow Light?
Yes, you can replace your Fios router if the troubleshooting steps do not fix the yellow light and connection issue. Contact customer support for assistance.
Overall, if you have a yellow Fios router, there are a few reasons why this may be the case. The most common cause is that the router is overheating, which can be due to its location or the firmware may be out of date.
In some instances, a solid yellow light can indicate a hardware problem, which may require a technician to come out and take a closer look. However, fear not, troubleshooting the problem can be done with just a few simple steps.
It is always best to keep the router in a cool, dry place; regularly update the firmware and let it rest for a bit if it’s been working for an extended period of time. Ensuring these steps are taken care of will not only help your router stop glowing yellow but also improve its overall performance.
Remember, proper maintenance of the router is key to making it last for a long time.